Applications are invited for fully funded Master Fellowships supporting Young Talented Female Scientists to Become Future Leaders. Fellowships are available to female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi.
The World Bank is partnering with eight Governments in Eastern and Southern Africa in an innovative project with the aim of improving the quality of training and research in higher education and reducing the skill gaps in key development priority areas.
The ACE II project was conceived in response to multiple and well-formulated project proposals from individual countries and universities for establishing regional education and research centres in specific topics. This larger systematic regional project is meant to strengthen longer-term African capacity to train at the highest level a new generation of Africans who can develop and apply science and technology to solve Africa’s most pressing challenges.
- Application Deadline: June 4, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: The Fellowship Program will provide support in the following broad areas of activities: Industry, Agriculture, Health, Education, and Applied Statistics.
- Scholarship Award: The provided financial support for each Fellowship Program will cover:
- i) University tuition fees: Approximately USD 3,000 per year (payable directly to the Host University according to an official invoice)
- ii) Stipend: USD 800 per month to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation, medication and settlement expenses
- iii) Research: USD 4,800 to support student research, payable upon approval of the research proposal
- iv) Allowance: USD 2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop and books
- v) Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of Host University.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available to female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in Uganda
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The fellowship is available to female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
In order to be eligible for this Fellowship, the applicant must:
- Be a female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi
- Be under the age of thirty-five (35) years
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours
- iv) have been admitted in any of the 24 ACEs to study full-time in any of the priority disciplines of the ACE II Project: (i) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or Industry, (ii) Agriculture, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Statistics;
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards, if any.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply for this Fellowship, interested candidates are advised to fill in the application form found at www.iucea.org or ace2.iucea.org attach all requested documents, and send by e-mail to exsec-at-iucea.org with a copy to ace2rfu-at-iucea.org. All applications must be received not later than 5.00 PM East African Time on June 4 2018. For proof of eligibility, an applicant should ensure that the following are provided:
- Completed application form
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Summarized CV with names and contacts of two referees
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Certified copies of passport or national identity card indicating citizenship
- Copy of admission letter from one of the host universities (please refer to the attached table on Countries, ACEs and Universities)
- Two (2) reference letters with contact