Getty Foundation is inviting application for predoctoral, postdoctoral and NEH fellowships to pursue research to complete their dissertations or to expand them for publication at the Getty Research Institute.
GRI-NEH Fellowship is open for United States citizens or foreign nationals who can document that they have lived in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding the fellowship application deadline.
Wonderful opportunity to get an education with $45,000 stipend.
User Review( votes)
Getty Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for emerging scholars to complete work on projects related to the Getty Research Institute’s annual research theme.
Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue research projects, complete their dissertations, or expand dissertation for publication. Fellows make use of the Getty collections, join in a weekly meeting devoted to the annual theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
University or Organization: Getty Foundation
Course Level: Postdoctoral
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: All nationalities
The program can be taken in the USA
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
- Eligible Countries: Scholars of all nationalities can apply for these Getty fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applications for Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships are welcome from scholars of all nationalities.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships.
- Getty Predoctoral Fellowship applicants must have advanced to candidacy by the application deadline and should expect to complete their dissertations during the fellowship period.
- Successful Predoctoral Fellowship applicants who are awarded their degree after the application deadline but before the fellowship begins, or who receive their doctorate while in residence, automatically become Postdoctoral Fellows.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Fellowship application form (which includes uploading a Project Proposal; Selected Bibliography; Doctoral Dissertation Plan or Abstract; Curriculum Vitae; Writing Sample; Confirmation letter; and any documentation required for an NEH fellowship) by the deadline.
- Two letters of recommendation are also required for this application.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The NEH stipend contribution for this fellowship is $5,000/month for eight (8) months, and the Getty stipend contribution for this fellowship is $5,000 for one (1) month, totaling $45,000 over the nine-month fellowship. The GRI-NEH Postdoctoral Fellowship also provides a workspace, housing, transportation, and healthcare options.