The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) is delighted to offer its Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships. These fellowships are available for International Students.
These fellowships aim to award each student with a salary-replacement stipend of $60,000, plus $5,000 for research and travel during the award period.
Great offer for International applicants to get $60,000, plus $5,000 award for postdoctoral study in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) is a private, nonprofit federation of 75 scholarly organizations in the humanities and related social sciences.
- Application Deadline: October 23, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral research.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of History of Art.
- Award: ACLS will award 10 fellowships, each with a salary-replacement stipend of $60,000, plus $5,000 for research and travel during the award period. Awards also will include a one-week residence at the Getty Research Institute following the fellowship period.
- Number of Awards: Ten fellowships are available.
- Nationality: International applicants
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must have a PhD that was conferred between September 1, 2014, an Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in USA December 31, 2018.
- Applicants who earned their PhDs in and/or are currently employed in any humanistic field may apply, so long as they demonstrate that their research draws substantially on the materials, methods, and/or findings of art history, and contributes to the field. Scholars may propose new approaches to art historical scholarship and/or explore connections between art history and other humanistic disciplines.
- This program welcomes proposals from applicants without restriction as to citizenship, country of residence, location of work proposed, or employment.
- An application must be completed in English by the applicant.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted online and must include:
- Completed application form
- Proposal (no more than five pages, double spaced, in Times New Roman 11-point font)
- Up to three additional pages of images or other supporting non-text materials (optional)
- Project bibliography (no more than two pages)
- Publications list (no more than two pages)
- Two reference letters