Applications are invited for Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation(SMART) Scholarship to pursue undergraduate or graduate degree. The scholarship is open for the applicants of United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom.
The aim of the scholarship is to give an opportunity for students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines to receive a full scholarship and be gainfully employed by the Department of Defense (DoD) upon degree completion.
The SMART scholarship program is a Department of Defense (DoD) workforce development program created to address the growing gap between America and the rest of the world in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate or graduate degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in following fields:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Sciences and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (technical tracks only)
- Information Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Operations Research (technical tracks only)
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Full tuition and education related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking)
- Stipend paid at a rate of $25,000 – $38,000 depending on degree pursuing (may be prorated depending on award length)
- Summer research internships
- Health Insurance allowance up to $1,200 per the calendar year
- Miscellaneous Supplies Allowance of $1,000 per academic year
- Employment placement at a DoD facility after graduation.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A citizen of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom at time of application,
- 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2018
- Able to participate in summer internships at a DoD facility,
- Willing to accept post-graduate employment with the DoD,
- A student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of award and,
- Pursuing a technical undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the disciplines listed on the About SMART page.
Nationality: Applicants of United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom are eligible for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2017.
Also See :
Social Work Scholarships