The University of Reading is pleased to offer the International Maters Scholarships for the best and motivated candidates. The funding programme is open for the academic year 2021/2022.
There are a Number of Awards available, valued at £4,000 each and open to international students who are studying on the MSc Food Economics and Marketing with the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE).
The University of Reading is a vibrant and diversified institution of higher learning. It has about 17,000 students that come from a variety of origins and cultures. It is divided into 16 academic schools and has four main campuses in the United Kingdom and abroad.
Why would you like to apply for admission at the University of Reading? Multidisciplinary research and cooperation are well-known at the university. It offers a variety of courses ranging from foundation to postgraduate degree programmes. Aside from that, there is a wide choice of events and activities to participate in here.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Reading
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Master
- Awards: £4,000
- Number of Awards: No. of scholarships
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MSc in the field of Food Economics and Marketing
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A good Master’s-level degree (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant subject (i.e. literary, historical, cultural, philological, or Islamic studies of insular South East Asia);
- Advanced proficiency in Malay/Indonesian (other relevant languages, including Arabic, Acehnese, Minangkabau or Javanese are welcome in addition);
- Experience and expertise working with archive material, especially Jawi manuscripts, and in digital humanities approaches to archives, or a willingness to expand your skills in these areas;
- Willingness to work as part of the larger research team and to contribute to the overall aims of the project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To start the application process, first, you need to do is to apply for a master’s program at the University of Reading before the deadline. All successful candidates will be given application form through the university’s online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to submit the following supporting materials: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution will be selected for a master course.
- Language Requirement: Applicants will be asked to provide one of the following English qualifications if their first language is not English:
- British Council International – English Language Test Score (IELTS): 6.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language – (TOEFL) (paper-based version): 570; (internet-based test): 88
- Cambridge UCLES Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): C
- Test of English for Educational Purposes (TEEP): 6.5
The University of Reading will provide the award amount of £4,000 to the winning candidates for the academic session 2021/2022.