The purpose of Girls Inc. is to encourage all girls to be “Strong, Smart, and Bold”. It was founded in 1864 by Rachel Harris Johnson in New York, USA.
Application Deadline: Contact to [email protected]
- University or Organization: Girls Inc. of Carpinteria
- Department: NA
- Course Level: High School
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: National
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Only for the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the Girls Inc. National Scholarships, the applicants must meet the given criteria:
National High School Scholarship
- Must be presently engaged with Girls Inc. as an active program participant; if not current member/participant, the student should be either a current affiliate employee or a current affiliate volunteer.
- Programming of 24 months is the minimum involvement in Girls Inc. Participation obligation should be finished at the time of application.
- Currently enrolled as high school junior or senior (grade 11, 12, or equivalent).
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.00 scale
“Strong, Smart & Bold” 8th Grade Scholarship
- Currently engaged with Girls Inc. as active program members/ participants.
- Participation in Girls Inc. programming must be at least 24 months, at the time of application.
- Currently enrolled as an 8th Grade student at the time of application.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.00 scale based on final 7th Grade Report
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must contact Kenya Rodriguez at [email protected] to get information about the application process, deadline, and other requirements.
- Supporting Documents: NA
- Entry Requirements: Must be currently engaged with Girls Inc. as an active program participant
- Language Requirement: English
Girls Inc. is awarding scholarships as the following:
- National High School Scholarship: $20,000 and $5,000 grants will be granted
- “Strong, Smart & Bold” 8th Grade Scholarship: $500 financial aid positions will be given to the deserving student
- Awards may be used to direct study expenses at any accredited college or university