The new GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) MSc Fellowships is now available for high potential aspirants. This scholarship is available for students from outside South Africa.
The funding will cover fellows undertaking an MSc program in Biostatistics in participating training institutions to develop and improve biostatistical skills among researchers, with an ultimate goal of creating research nodes of excellence to grow the discipline and a biostatistical network to nurture researchers with advanced skills and expertise. The GSK and the consortium are, therefore, calling for full-time applications for MSc degrees.
Worthy offer for aspirants
User Review( votes)
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world with headquarters in London and in collaboration with the DELTAS Africa Sub-Saharan African Consortium for Advanced Biostatistics (SSACAB) program is offering funding to support MSc in Biostatistics Students in order to build capacity and to train the next generation of biostatisticians.
- Applications Deadline: Check back next year
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue an MSc program.
- Study Subject: The GSK MSc opportunities are open to candidates with a strong background in Statistics, Mathematics, Demography and any other quantitative fields, including competent candidates from the lab/health fields such as biomedical sciences, pharmacy, medicine who may benefit from a postgraduate course in biostatistics.
- Scholarship Award: The scheme will provide fully-funded positions for MSc Fellows in the 2019 academic year and covers the following:
- Tuition fees and basic medical and accident insurance
- A monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses
- Reasonable support for the MSc research project and supervision
- Travel costs to and from academic training institution and the host research institution
Additional MSc Scholarship Information
Applications must provide the academic training institution with:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including relevant research and work experience
- Letter of motivation explaining why you want to pursue an MSc in Biostatistics
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Evidence of acceptance or application to study Biostatistics at a partner institution in 2018 academic year
- Two confidential referee reports should be sent directly to the training institution
MSc financial aid positions will be given to candidates who are likely to strengthen the GSK/SSACAB collaboration. Awarded Fellows will be tracked with the new SSACAB alumni to increase their visibility and to monitor the impact of the program.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for students from outside South Africa.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for students from outside South Africa. Individuals from participating SSACAB countries i.e. (Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Namibia, and Ghana), need not apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The GSK scholarship is open to nationals outside South Africa and in particular targeted towards individuals in Francophone countries interested in getting trained at partner institutions in the consortium. Individuals from participating SSACAB countries i.e. (Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Namibia, and Ghana), need not apply.
Applicants should normally be under 35 years for the MSc Programme.
Applicants should meet each of the separate University’s admission requirements for the MSc degree before applying for the fellowship.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The first step of the application process: Applications for Places Should Be made to the Preferred Host Training Institution. Institutions and Their Contact Persons Are Listed.
Application for the GSK/Deltas Africa SSACAB scholarship second Step:-
The application for the GSK/DELTAS Africa SSACAB scholarship should be made separately and in writing, as outlined in the MSc scholarship section above. applications should be sent to Dr. Pascalia Munyewende and copied to Dr. Eustasius Musenge.