Don’t miss this chance to participate in research alongside professors who are leaders in their fields and apply now for the Global Excellence Scholarships at the University of Minnesota for the academic year 2022-2023.
This award programme is conducted on the basis of academic merit and competition for international freshman and transfer students that wish to pursue an undergraduate programme at UMN. The scholarship award is valued at a maximum of $25,000.
Beneficial offer for candidates.
User Review( votes)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is a public land-grant research university in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota ranked 186th in QS Global World Rankings 2022. The University of Minnesota System is driven by a singular vision of excellence.
Why choose to study at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities? At UMN, they prepare students to meet the great challenges facing the state, nation, and the world. The university is driven by a singular vision of excellence.
Application Deadline: Students must submit their complete applications by January 1, 2022, the regular deadline.
- University or Organization: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $25,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Students of all foreign nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for undergraduate programmes offered by UMN.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The students must be on F1 visa status.
- The applicants must be admitted to the fall semester of the applied programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can either apply via the Common Application or the Golden Gopher Application. No separate scholarship application is required.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit Official school documents and official test scores of any applicable standardized tests.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an unweighted calculated high school grade point average between 3.56 – 3.95 or 28 to 33 on the ACT or 1330 to 1480 on the SAT.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to submit test results f ILETS, TOEFL, PTE, OR CAE to prove English language proficiency.
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 59
- CAE – 180
The selected applicants may receive $25,000, $15,000, or $5,000 per year for up to 4 years.