Optimist International has designed the Oratorical Contest for youth to gain experience in and improve communication skills, and provide them with the opportunity to apply for the scholarships programme. The contest is announced open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Optimist Oratorical Scholarships are funded by member donations to the Optimist International Foundation and Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation. Three winners will be selected on the basis of their application to be awarded scholarships to use at a college, university, or trade school only.
Amazing chance for applicants.
User Review( votes)
Optimist International is a worldwide volunteer organization made up of more than 2,500 local Clubs whose Members work each day to make the future brighter. It promotes patriotism and works for international accord and friendship among all people.
The organization will be recognized worldwide as the premier volunteer organization that values all children and helps them develop to their full potential. The organization seeks to aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life, and the world.
Application Deadline: The contest application period is from 1st October to 30th September each year.
- University or Organization: Optimist International
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $2,500
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All overseas students can apply to participate.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake higher studies at any university or college of choice.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be under the age of 19 as of October 1st.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply to any college, university, or trade school. Interested youth should fill an application form to participate in the contest.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit documents required by their respective university or college and prepare a 4 to 5-minute speech on the assigned topic to be presented at their local Optimist Club’s contest.
- Admission Requirements: Students need to meet the academic and entry requirements of the university or college they wish to join.
- Language Requirement: English language proficiency proof as per the requirements of the university or college must be submitted. IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc are widely accepted tests.
Three winners will be selected and be awarded scholarships of $2,500, $1,500, and $1,000 respectively for first, second and third place.