Mitacs and the University of Montreal are proudly offering the Globalink Research Award Program for the talented aspirants for the academic year 2020/21.
There are 150 new positions available each year for foreign students who wish to does a research stay at UdeM under the Globalink Research Award program.
A nice choice for foreign students to do research in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1878, the University of Montreal is a non-private research institution of higher education in the Québec province of Canada. It has more than 650 undergraduate programmes and graduate programmes, including 71 doctoral programmes.
Why at the University of Montreal? The university environment gives an opportunity for students to interact with people of all backgrounds and ethnicity. It also offers job opportunities for students after the study period.
Application Deadline: January 24, 2020
- University: University of Montreal
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $6,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 150
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Belgium, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg (Université du Luxembourg), Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland (Université de Lausanne), Taïwan, Tunisia, United Kingdom, the USA, Ukraine (inbound only), other members of the European Union (only for students whose professors are grant recipients of the European Research Council or MSCA-RISE program).
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be 18 years old and over at the time of application;
- Foreign undergraduate students in their final year (must have completed the second year of study before beginning their research at UdeM), foreign graduate students or foreign postdoctoral fellows, in any discipline;
- Students must come from a university or university-level research centre
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For more information on this program or to obtain the signature of the UdeM representative (section 6.0. of the Application Form) once the file is completed, please contact Anaïs Détolle, Advisor at the International Affairs Office.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: Admission at any time: application required 16 weeks before the start of the research project.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The successful students can receive a $6,000 CAD grant, half of which is funded by Mitacs Globalink and the other half by an outside organization