Do you have a plan to complete your Bachelor’s study in the Netherlands? If your answer is yes, then go ahead apply for the Holland Scholarships program at Leiden University for the academic year 2021/2022.
The educational award is activated for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to enrol in the English-taught Bachelor’s programme at the university.
Leiden University is the oldest institution of higher education in the Netherlands. It was established in 1575 and has seven academic faculties and over fifty subject departments.
Why study at Leiden University? At this university, applicants will receive a high-quality education and enjoys an excellent learning environment. The university gives you a head start to a world-class career.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
- University: Leiden University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: English-taught Bachelor’s programme
- Award: € 5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, with the exception of EU/EEA, Swiss and Surinamese passport holders
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Students enrolling in one of the following English-taught Bachelor’s programmes: Archaeology, Arts, Media and Society, Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology, Dutch Studies, English Language and Culture, International Relations and Organisations International Studies, Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges Linguistics Philosophy: Global and Comparative Perspectives Psychology Security Studies, South and Southeast Asian Studies and Urban Studies.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You are not an EU/EEA, Swiss or Surinamese passport holder.
- You are not eligible for support from the Dutch study finance system.
- You have never studied at a Dutch university or a Dutch university of applied sciences.
- You have completed your pre-university education outside The Netherlands.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you would like to apply to this programme please submit an online application for admission for one of the above-mentioned Bachelor’s programmes at Leiden University.
- Supporting Documents: Two letters of recommendation, evidence of excellent academic performance, a copy of a valid passport or ID card, a copy of a Dutch residence permit (if applicable), CV, Language proficiency (if applicable) & copies of diplomas and transcripts and documented evidence of relevant (work) experience must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must hold a high school certificate with a good academic record.
- Language Requirement: You should check all the English language requirements when you come to study at Leiden University.
The aid amounts to € 5,000. Successful students will receive this in the first year of your studies.