The Government of Canada announces the call for proposals for the NCP Research Funding program. They are providing $2,665,000 available in 2023-2024 for new projects.
There are no restrictions on who can apply for the Northern Contaminants Program (NCP) research funding. NCP is now accepting proposals for projects beginning in 2023 for up to 3 years of funding.
Great opportunity in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Founded on 1 July 1867, the government of Canada is the body responsible for the federal administration of Canada. Its NCP funds research, monitoring, and related activities in Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply to the 2023-2024 call for proposals is 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, March 8, 2023.
- University or Organization: Government of Canada
- Department: NA
- Course Level: NA
- Award: $2,665,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for new projects related to human health, environmental and community-based monitoring and research, and communications of contaminant-related messages and public outreach initiatives.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- There are no restrictions on who can apply for NCP research funding.
- Past applicants have included but have not been limited to:
- Indigenous governments and organizations
- Academically based researchers
- Government based researchers
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Northern or Indigenous community groups or individuals
How to Apply
Complete proposal packages must be submitted by email (maximum size: 10 MB) to the NCP Secretariat at [email protected] using the following text as the Subject: NCP Proposal 2023-2024 – insert name of Project Leader.
- How to Apply: To apply for the 2023-2024 call for proposals, applicants must complete all the following:
- Read the Northern Contaminants Program Call for Proposals 2023-2024proposal submission guidelines
- Complete a proposal using the Proposal template
- Complete Budget tables 1 and 3 using the Budget template
- Complete Community engagement forms in collaboration with relevant northern organizations
- Email the complete proposal package with the proposal, budget, and community engagement forms to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: A complete proposal submission to the Northern Contaminants Program (NCP) includes a detailed proposal, detailed budget tables, and, as applicable, signed Community Engagement forms and/or letters of support.
- Admission Requirements: All project team members identified in the proposal are to be copied on the email submission. All eligible applicants must check the proposal requirements for the call 2023/24.
- Language Requirement: English skills are required. Applicants must be sufficiently fluent in English to be accepted.
- For this call for proposals, the Government of Canada is providing $2,665,000 available in 2023-2024 for new projects.
- The projects related to human health, environmental and community-based monitoring and research, and communications of contaminant-related messages and public outreach initiatives, with over $850,000 identified for activities contributing to Canada’s Plastics Science Agenda.