The Wilmotte Foundation is organizing the Prix W 2023 competition. The prize promotes awareness of the importance of architectural and urban grafting for preserving European heritage and its evolution in the contemporary world.
The competition is open for architecture students and young architects from European Union and Switzerland schools but also Serbia, Montenegro, Ukraine, and Georgia and graduates after 1 January 2020. Participation in the competition is completely free!
Nice offer for students
User Review( votes)
For the past 16 years, the Wilmotte Foundation has been promoting the meeting of heritage and contemporary creation through the organization of the W Prize. It also offers the architects of tomorrow the opportunity to test and fine-tune their creative potential.
Why apply for this award? For its tenth edition, the Wilmotte Foundation proposes a challenge as stimulating as it is essential: A ROOF OVER EVERY BODY’S HEAD! For this new edition of the Prix W, applicants are invited to choose a roof typology either among those WF propose or a similar typology they may know.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023.
- University or Organization: Foundation Wilmotte PRIX W
- Department: NA
- Course Level: NA
- Award: 3,000 Euros to 8,000 Euros
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: European Union, Switzerland, Serbia, Montenegro, Ukraine, and Georgia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Architecture students and young architects from European Union and Switzerland schools but also Serbia, Montenegro, Ukraine, and Georgia graduated after 1 January 2020.
- Applicants will have to prove their current or past registration in a school.
- Participation in the competition may be individual or as a team of a maximum of two people, each team member having to meet the criteria mentioned above.
- A candidate may only participate once in the competition and with one project. Multiple entries will automatically result in individual and collective disqualification if the entry is made as part of a team.
- Employees of Wilmotte & Associés, current or former, may not participate directly or indirectly in the competition. Their participation will automatically lead to individual and collective disqualification if they participate as part of a team.
- Who is this housing project for? The homeless, low-income people, active young people, students, outsiders (temporary workers, artists, freelancers, self-employed people, etc.)
How to Apply
Participation is free.
- How to Apply: Registration has to be online on prixw.com. Documents are available for download after registration.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must check all the given documents requirements:
- Article 1: Graphic documents
- 3 PDF plates in A1 format (landscape orientation).
- A compilation of these three plates in an A4 pdf document.
- Article 2: Content of the boards
- The content of the boards is free: masterplans, plans, images, sections, axonometric, sketches, diagrams, etc.
- The submission must include at least: masterplans, a floor plan, sections/elevations, and images.
- Particular attention must be paid to the explanation of your grafting concept.
- The boards must be anonymous. Do not put your name or any distinctive elements on the elements presented to the jury.
- Article 3: Format of the boards
- Format: .PDF
- Orientation must be specified on all plans.
- The scale of all graphic documents must be specified.
- Text and captions must be in French or English.
- The weight of each A1 board must be less than 10 Mb (300 dpi). Documents will be requested in high definition if selected.
- A1s must be named as follows: NAME-FORENAME_1.pdf, NAMEFORENAME_2.pdf, and NAMEFORENAME_3.pdf
- The size of the A4 copy of your three boards must be less than 5 Mb.
- The copy must be named NAMEFORENAME_123.pdf. It is the responsibility of each candidate or team of candidates to ensure that the graphic representation of the project allows for easy reproduction for future publications. N.B.: You are allowed to add a video (lasting 2 min; size < 10Mo). Not mandatory
- Article 4: Written documents
- Text of 500 words maximum describing your project. Rendering format: A4 portrait in .PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX
- The document must be named NAME-FORENAME_TXT
- For information: you must give a title to your project (you will be asked for it when you submit your application).
- Article 5: Administrative documents
- For each team member: Certificate of enrollment from your architecture school and/or degree.
- Accepted rendering formats: .PDF, .JPG, .PNG, .BMP
- The document will be named: NAME-FIRST NAME_DIP
- The weight of each document must be less than 5 Mb.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must submit their projects online from April 3 to April 11, 2023, at noon. Applicants can send their projects to [email protected]
- Language Requirement: The languages of the competition are French and English. All the documents submitted must be made in either one of these two languages.
The prizes are as follows:
- 1st prize: The first prizewinner(s) will receive a grant of 8,000 Euros.
- 2nd prize: The second prize winner(s) will receive a grant of 6,000 Euros.
- 3rd prize: The third prize winner(s) will receive a grant of 3,000 Euros.
- The three winners and the projects mentioned will be exhibited in Venice at the Wilmotte Foundation Gallery during the 2023 International Architecture Biennale.
- All these projects will also be included in a publication dedicated to the Prix W.