The Embassy of Japan in Solomon is welcoming Solomon Island students to apply for the Government of Japan Research Scholarships programme.
Solomon Island student’s who want to undertake the research programs for the academic year 2021-2022 are eligible to apply.
Amazing opportunity for students.
User Review( vote)
Why should you apply for this program? Excellent safety, accessibility, and high quality of life standards make Japan a top location for students. Studying abroad in Japan means you will further your studies in a well-rounded education system, experience a unique new culture, and gain a more international perspective. Applying for scholarships in Japan is achievable. As long as you adhere to the academic, age, financial requirements, getting a scholarship can be as simple as breathing.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2021
- University or Organization: Embassy of Japan in Solomon
- Department: NA
- Course level: Research
- Award: Educational fund
- Numbers of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Solomon Island
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible countries: Solomon Islands
- Eligible course or subjects: All research courses and subjects are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age: Must be born on or after April 2, 1997.
- Academic Background: Must have completed 12 years of schooling or completed studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grasp the opportunity, aspirants must be admitted to any university in Japan. After that, aspirants must fill the scholarship form.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit the following documents when you apply:
- Field of Study and Research Plan
- Academic transcript for all academic year of university attended
- Certification of graduation or degree certificate of the university attended
- Recommendation letter from the president/dean or the academic advisor at the current or last university attended
- Medical certificate
- Abstracts of theses
- Certificate of language proficiency
- Recommendation letter from the present employer
- Admission Requirement: Students need to have completed formal master’s education in their home country.
- Language Requirement: Students must have the following:
- You will need at least N2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) to keep up with lectures taught entirely in Japanese.
- For prestigious universities (Waseda, Keio, Tokyo), you may be required to have the top-level of N1.
The Embassy of Japan in Solomon will provide educational fund to support the Solomon students to complete their study in Japan.