Canon Collins Educational and Legal Assistance Trust are proud to offer Graça Machel Trust scholarships for Southern Africa’s future women leaders.
These are available for pursuing honors, masters and PhD study at South African universities. Funding is awarded for up to a maximum of one year for Honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD.
Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
- To apply for the award under this program you must be Female students.
- A national of and normally resident in one of the SADC countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Grants are available for pursuing honors, masters and PhD study at South African universities.
- In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Studying or applying to study at a South African university
How to Apply
- How to apply: All sections of the form need to be complete before the system will allow the application form to be submitted. Information can be saved and the application form edited until the applicant chooses to submit.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Copy of degree certificates, Certified academic transcripts, Reference letters from two referees, ID document, Proof of refugee status, Two recent payslips, Academic Record.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants have a minimum of an upper second-class (merit) undergraduate or Honours degree and excellent references.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
In 2016 most awards will be valued at R65,000 for each year of study at Masters and PhD level. In exceptional cases, they may offer up to R100,000 per year. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
Application Deadline: Closed