Lakehead University is looking forward to welcoming international students to start their academic journey in Canada by applying for the Graduate Assistantship Positions. Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now accepted.
Graduate assistantships are offered to full-time graduate students who are identified as international applicants in any master or doctoral programme at Lakehead are eligible to apply for and receive this position. The selected candidates will be provided a stipend of up to $11,120.82.
Nice chance to get benefitted in Canada.
User Review( vote)
Lakehead University, ranked among Canada’s top 10 primarily undergraduate universities in the magazine’s 2021 University Rankings, is a public research university in Canada. Lakehead University is dedicated to a student-centered learning environment and has made a commitment towards excellent and innovative teaching, service, research, and other scholarly activity.
Why choose to study at Lakehead University? Lakehead University is a very attentive university, attentive to the point where the professors know every student by their names as the class sizes at LU are small and enable a personalized experience. The student-to-professor ratio at Lakehead is 15:1. Lakehead University graduates are top 3 in Ontario for job readiness. Lakehead holds an average employment rate of 96.7% two years after graduation.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 1st February 2022 for the Fall term of study.
- University or Organization: Lakehead University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master or Doctoral
- Award: CAD $11,120.82
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: All foreign national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master and doctoral programmes offered at Lakehead are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time graduate students at Lakehead.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first apply for admission in a graduate programme at Lakehead. Hyperlink admission. Full-time applicants will be considered for the assistantship
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts
- Consent form
- Reference letter
- Programme specific supporting documents
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the general admission requirements of the university for international students.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 58
- MET – 85
- Duolingo – 110
- CAEL – 60
- C1/C2 – 169
The selected candidates will be given a stipend of CAD 10,197.68 or CAD 11,120.82 towards their graduate or doctoral studies at Lakehead.