The University of Tokyo Graduate School of Frontier Sciences is honored to be welcoming Asian students to pursue their postgraduate study in Japan with its Kawaguchi Shizu Memorial Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
Privately financed students from Asian countries that want to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at UTokyo are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Students that have an excellent academic standing and need financial assistance will be considered and will be awarded up to 70,000 JYP per month.
Amazing opportunity for students in Japan.
User Review( votes)
The University of Tokyo is a public research university that ranks 1st in the nation and aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing deep specialism and broad knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Tokyo? The University of Tokyo is a leading national university that expands the boundaries of human knowledge in partnership with society. UTokyo provides their students exclusively experiences through different ways of learning. It tries to impart practical knowledge that employers look for today.
Application Deadline: Applications submitted by 1st February 2022 only will be accepted.
- University or Organization: University of Tokyo
- Department: Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Course Level: Master or Doctoral
- Award: 70,000 JPY
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Eligible Countries: All students from Asian countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can take up a master’s or doctoral study programme at UTokyo.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be 34 years or older.
- The applicants must have Japanese language proficiency.
- The applicants must have good academic standing.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to mail the below-listed documents to [email protected] to submit an admission application. To apply for the scholarship, students must fill the scholarship application form
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcripts from graduate and undergraduate school
- Recommendation letter
- Certificate of enrolment
- Residence card
- Residence plan
- Admission Requirements: Students must have an undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- ILETS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 78
- PTE – 54
- CAE – Grade C
- CPE – Grade C
- University of Michigan ECPE – Pass
- MELAB – 80%
The students selected will be provided 60,000 JYP or 70,000 JYP per month towards a master’s or doctoral study at UTokyo from April 2022 to March 2023.