Learn with excellence and innovation at the University of Southern Maine in the USA with the help of the Graduate Assistantships to international students. The assistant positions are vacant and open to applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
These graduate assistantships are offered to international students that have completed their matriculate studies and have already registered and been accepted in the semester they plan on applying for the position. Students that check all criteria are eligible.
Get financial assistance to complete your graduate degree in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The University of Southern Maine is northern New England’s outstanding public, regional, comprehensive university, ranked between 136 – 176 in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities North, is highly dedicated to o providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education.
Why choose to study at the University of Southern Maine? Ranked ten as Best Value College in Maine, The University of Southern Maine is one of the premier universities in the region and the country. It offers over 70 graduate and undergraduate courses. It is an excellent place for learning since it has a student-faculty ratio of 16.2:1. The faculty belongs to various streams of the educational field and has vast experience in practical professions and teaching.
Application Deadline: Students are requested to apply and support documents by the individual deadlines of the graduate programme they wish to join at USM.
- University or Organization: University of Southern Maine
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: International students from all foreign countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Graduate programmes offered at UMaine can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have Registered for at least 6 credits of coursework in the semester(s) in which they will be working (master’s and CAS students), or registered for GRS 602 (masters) or GRS 701 (doctoral) and have a certificate of satisfactory progress from their program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are first required to submit an admission application for the graduate programme they wish to join via the university’s application portal or via the Common Application portal. To apply for the assistantship, the student must indicate their interest on Question 16 of their graduate school application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- International College Transcript Evaluation
- Declaration of Finances
- Letters of recommendation
- A current resume
- Official transcripts
- An essay or goal statement
- Admission Requirements: Students have fully matriculated in a degree program at the graduate level.
- Language Requirement: International and non-native English speaking students should submit their Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL CBT – 213
The students selected will be provided a graduate assistant position towards the applied graduate programme at the University of Southern Maine.