Applications are invited for Grenoble Quantum Engineering (GreQue) Doctoral Scholarship Program in France.
The QuEnG doctoral program is funded by the Idex-UGA and aims to foster a multidisciplinary ecosystem for quantum technologies. It will provide the laureates with a double training involving fundamental research in top-level laboratories and strong industrial exposure through internships within our network of industrial partners.
Grenoble is world renowned for its fundamental research institutes in condensed matter physics, nanosciences, computer sciences & mathematics as well as its high-tech innovative companies ranging from local start-ups to multinational groups. Grenoble area hosts 25 000 academic and industrial researchers and more than 60 000 students. Grenoble’s ecosystem is ranked within the top 5 innovative cities in nanotechnologies worldwide and 1st in Europe.
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The topics include experimental and theoretical aspects of
- Superconductive Qbits,
- Computer science
- Scholarship Award: The salary is 1758 €/month before tax for 3 years.
- Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 5 positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
GreQuE Doctoral Programme is funded by the European Community under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA). Applicants must fulfil the MSCA mobility criteria: No nationality conditions, but applicants must not have spent more than one year in France during the last three years.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
- You must have found a PhD project that will be supported and supervised by one (or more) researcher(s) based in one of the following laboratories: Institut Néel, INAC, LPMMC, LNCMI, LIG and Institut Fourier
- Download the PhD programme application form
- With the help of your thesis supervisor, you must fill in this application form with all the requested details
- We will make sure your application matches the programme requirements.
- Save as PDF each document: Application form / CV / exam results / diplomas….
- Merge all these PDFs into ONE single.PDF file
- Send by email this that final PDF file.
- You must request (at least) two recommendation letters based on the template included at the end of the application form (section F).
- Selected students will receive a convocation for the interview and instructions to prepare their travel and stay in Grenoble. All travel/accommodation expenses will be covered by LANEF for 3 days/2 nights. This will provide enough time for each applicant to visit their hosting laboratory and to finalise their oral presentation together with their future thesis supervisor. Non-selected applicants will receive a short feedback report within 2 weeks.