Griffith University and the Commonwealth Government are now accepting applications for the Chancellor’s Scholarships in Australia. The grant is available for 2021/2022.
These opportunities are open to applicants who are an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, or New Zealand Citizen.
Nice opportunity for Australian candidates to study an undergraduate degree.
User Review( votes)
The Chancellor’s The studentships are for students who have experienced financial hardship an educational disadvantage that has impacted their ability to achieve their full potential.
Griffith University ranks in the top 3 percent of universities globally. The mission of Griffith University is to engage in outstanding scholarship that makes a major contribution to society and to produce groundbreaking research.
Applications Deadline: December 11, 2020
- Course Level: Undergraduate student (this includes school leavers and non-school leavers, commencing and continuing students)
- Study Subject: The sponsorship will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: The sponsorship will cover:
Chancellor’s Accommodation Scholarship, maximum value $22,000, for a maximum of eight payments
Chancellor’s Education Costs Scholarship, a maximum value of $11,000, for a maximum of eight payments
Kombumerri People Accommodation Scholarship, maximum value $22,000, for a maximum of eight payments
Kombumerri People Education Costs Scholarship, maximum value $11,000, for a maximum of eight payments
Neville Bonner Scholarship, maximum value $2,500, for one trimester
- Nationality: Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Various
- The award can be taken in Australia
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- be a domestic undergraduate student (this includes school leavers and non-school leavers, commencing and continuing students)
- demonstrate financial disadvantage by either: being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment; or a comprehensive assessment by the University.
- not have completed the requirements for an Australian Bachelor award unless such an award is a pre-requisite to their undergraduate program of enrolment and there is no alternate pathway into that program.
To be considered for this application you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history (commencing students)
- Program (continuing students)
- Income and expenditure
The assessment is made on the basis of an assessment in accordance with the following five categories:
- Financial hardship
- Home environment and responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Personal illness and disability
- Educational disruption.
How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity , the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.griffith.edu.au/scholarships/before-you-apply