The Government Technical Advisory Centre is now accepting applicants for Master in Economics Bursary Programme. These bursaries are exclusively open for the nationals of South Africa.
The bursary programme aims to attract young economists to public economics, and to the public service as a career.
User Review( votes)
Government Technical Advisory Centre (GTAC) is an agency of South Africa’s National Treasury and was formally established in March 2012. GTAC provides advisory and technical consulting services to South African organs of state and contributes to public service research and capacity building.
Course Level: Bursaries are available to pursue the master degree.
Study Subject: Bursaries are awarded in the field of Economics.
Award: The current bursary is R150, 000 per year for two years. Apart from the funding, bursary holders are supported by GTAC and National Treasury in many other ways, including vacation work, internships, individual mentoring, and group support.
Numbers of Scholarships: Ten bursaries are available.
The award can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a South African citizen
- Hold an Honors degree in economics (by March 2018)
- Be fluent in English
- Possess excellent communication and writing skills
- Be interested in a career at National Treasury, GTAC or a provincial Treasury
- A minimum requirement is a 65% pass in the Honors degree.
Nationality: South African applicants are eligible for these bursaries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an Honors degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Your curriculum vitae
- Your academic record and proof of your academic qualifications (certified copies of high school certificate, and university degrees)
- A letter motivating your application
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.