The Hans Böckler Foundation is now accepting applications for a PhD scholarship to promote research and studies. The HSB awards scholarships to doctoral students with outstanding academic gifts who show commitment to labor unions or socio-political issues.
The Hans Böckler Foundation is the DGB’s co-determination, research and study promotion program. It is committed in all its fields of co-determination as a design principle of a democratic society. It promotes this idea, supports mandate holders in co-determination functions and advocates extended co-determination rights.
Great offer for international students to study in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Why should apply for this programme? By joining this position, candidates will access new research skills and advance knowledge in any interesting field. The university environment promotes cross-disciplinary thinking and research and makes it easy to approach and collaborate with experts on just about any topic.
Application Deadline: Application deadlines are April 15th and October 15th of every year.
- Course Level: PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in any discipline offered.
- Number of Awards: About 120 scholarships per year
- Nationality: International applicants
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Target Group: Particularly gifted doctoral candidates in any discipline who propose a promising doctoral project and show commitment to labour unions or socio-political issues
- Doctoral candidates in any discipline who are enrolled at German institutions of higher education, also in programmes such as graduate schools or junior researcher groups, are encouraged to apply.
- Academic Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Admission to post-graduate studies at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this opportunity, candidates are required to take part in a PhD degree program. After that, complete the application Form. Applications for promotion can be submitted directly to the foundation at any time.
- Supporting Documents: The application should contain the following documents in duplicate (union members please triple), including a sentence with a certified certificate, the other sentences in photocopies:
- A formless application for a doctorate scholarship with a well-founded presentation of the motivation for the doctorate and the motivation for the application at the Hans Böckler Foundation
- Application form (filled out and printed on the computer, no notes!)
- CV, tabular and detailed
- certified examination certificate, which is entitled to a doctorate (a certificate and simple copies)
- Description of the project (outline) with work schedule, schedule, and outline (max. Ten pages)
Amount of scholarship: Every year the HSB assigns about 100 grants. The scholars are paid EUR 1,350 per month plus a research cost allowance as well as family- and child allowances, if necessary. Comprehensive non-material support is also part of the program.
- Doctoral students currently receive a grant of EUR 1,350 per month, plus a research cost allowance of EUR 100
- Stays abroad may be financed by means of a foreign residence allowance and contributions to travel costs and tuition fees.
- Non-material support in the form of seminars, events, networking meetings etc.