The University of Adelaide is pleased to award full fee scholarships for two years. Scholarships are available for outstanding international students from any country to undertake postgraduate research.
The University of Adelaide is a public university located in Adelaide, South Australia. Established in 1874, it is the third-oldest university in Australia.
Applicants must also meet the minimum English Language Proficiency requirements for direct entry to their academic program, hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree, and rank competitively against successful applicants in the current International Scholarship Order of Merit list.
- Application Deadline: Applications will be considered at any time.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake postgraduate research.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Benefits are payment of full tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only). No other allowances are provided.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must be nominated by their Principal Supervisor and Executive Dean.
- Full fee scholarships will only be allocated to international students who have been previously awarded a stipend by the host School, Faculty, or Research Institute. Full fee scholarships will not be awarded to individual “privately sponsored students” nor will they be granted to students supported by stipends provided to a sole individual without a formal agreement between the University and the Sponsor. This requirement shall not apply to students nominated in grant applications made to recognised funding bodies where a formal application is subject to peer review. Students in receipt of overseas government funding will be deemed ineligible for a fee waiver unless a Memorandum of Understanding exists between the University and the Sponsor to cover such awards.
- Under normal circumstances Full fee scholarships will not be provided for students who seek a second (or subsequent) degree which is at the same level, or at a lower level, than the highest one they already hold. However under exceptional circumstances a scholarship may be considered if at least five years have lapsed since the first comparable award was attained and the student can identify a major change in discipline.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must also meet the minimum English Language Proficiency requirements for direct entry to their academic program, hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree, and rank competitively against successful applicants in the current International Scholarship Order of Merit list.
How to Apply: Supervisors wishing to nominate students for Full Fee Scholarships should read Application to Establish a Full Fee Scholarship. For advice/assistance completing the 2 required application forms (‘Full Fee Scholarship Establishment Form’ and ‘Proposal to Establish a Departmental or Externally Funded Scholarship‘) please contact a Senior Scholarships and Finance Officer at the Adelaide Graduate Centre.