The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) is seeking applications from applicants to apply for Senior Visiting Scientist Award. International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) is the specialized cancer research Agency of the World Health Organization (WHO). Situated in Lyon, France, IARC houses both epidemiology and laboratory Groups allowing it to fulfil its mission: to coordinate and conduct research on the causes of human cancer, to elucidate the mechanisms of carcinogenesis, and to develop scientific strategies for cancer prevention and control.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2019
- Course Level: This is a senior visiting scientist’s award.
- Study Subject: The major areas of activity are focused on understanding cancer etiology (including infections, nutrition, lifestyle, environment, radiation, and genetics), developing strategies for cancer prevention (primary prevention, screening, and implementation research), and elucidating the underlying mechanisms of carcinogenesis through studies of molecular and cell biology, molecular genetics, epigenetics, and molecular pathology.
- Scholarship Award: The annual stipend will be 48,000 Euros, pro-rata, according to length of stay. The cost of travel for the Awardee, and in certain circumstances for dependants, will be met, and health insurance covered.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: International applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in Lyon, France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Qualified and experienced senior investigators with more than 15 years’ experience and an outstanding publication record in fields covered by IARC’s programmes.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.