Applications are inviting talented women candidates for Hatfield Lioness Scholarship to take place at Hatfield College, the University of Durham for the academic year 2021/2022.
The educational program is activated for female students from developing countries who are applying for a master’s programme degree program at the university.
Durham University offers an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research with flexible accommodation options and fantastic value for money. There are a wide range of employment and career development opportunities.
Why study at Durham University? At this university, students will access to some of the best facilities and study support to ensure you get the most from your postgraduate experience.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
- University: Durham University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Taught Master’s Degree programmes
- Award: Full tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: Developing Country
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Female students from developing countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep Congo, Rep. Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, The Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guines, Rwanda, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Rep, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- They must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the grant, applicants are advised to take admission in the master’s degree programmes at the university. After being enrolled, they should apply through this Application form.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: Claimants have to meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Students have to provide evidence of English language proficiency by providing the TOEFL or IELTS test scores.
The scholarship will cover all the following benefits:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge