Applications are being accepted for HONNIF Scholarships from qualified and outstanding applicants of Kaduna State origin who gained admission into 100 level (through UTME), 200 level (through Direct Entry) for degree and HND 1 programme in the 2021/2022 academic session.
The main purpose of this programme is to provide financial assistance for 2500 eligible students who want to apply for the undergraduate and Higher National Diploma degree program.
The Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (HONNIF) was founded in May 2010 in Abuja and as part of its focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria. HONNIF organizes a leadership values summit, holding annual lectures on good governance, conflict resolution and peacebuilding, settlement of school fees for the less privilege across the north.
Why should this program? HONNIF wishes to ensure the effective participation of Northerners in decision-making, particularly in the political, economic, and socio-cultural areas.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2021
- University: The Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (HONNIF )
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Higher National Diploma program
- Awards: N30, 000.00
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2500
- Nationality: Students of Kaduna State
- The award can be taken in Nigeria
- Eligible Countries: Students of Kaduna State are eligible to apply for this award
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Only candidates who were admitted into Agriculture, Arts, Biological Sciences, Administration, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Health Sciences & Technology, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Veterinary Medicine courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be an indigene of Kaduna State
- Offer of admission into a full-time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full-time student
- Credit in 5 “O” level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Must not be more than 27 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Qualified and interested candidates should visit https://www.honnif.com/scholarship.html click on Apply Now and follow the instructions for the completing of the online application. Candidates should also download the Parents/Guardian Attestation Form B for completion and also take an online test.
- Supporting Documents: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following.
- Three passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Result Slip
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student’s Identification Card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin (including email address)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Award is worth N30, 000.00 (Thirty thousand naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum “CGPA equivalent of Second Class, Lower Division” for university students and “Upper Credit” for polytechnics students.