Get financial support to start your academic journey in Canada by applying for the Host Scholarships for Ukraine and Russian student community offered by Quebec Research Fund – Society and Culture (FRQSC) for the academic year 2022-2023.
This program is intended for Ukraine and Russian students who wish to undertake a graduate program or a research internship at a university or college in Quebec.
Amazing opportunity for Ukraine and Russian students to study in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Quebec Research Fund Society and Culture (FRQSC), the three funds nature and technology, Health and Society and culture, have independent missions and boards of directors. The central structure of the Quebec Research Funds was created on July 1, 2011, by Bill 130, aimed at restructuring the three Quebec granting funds.
Why study at Quebec Research Fund – Society and Culture (FRQSC)? The FRQNT supports and promotes excellence in research and the training of the next generation of researchers in the fields of natural sciences, mathematical sciences and engineering to stimulate the development of knowledge and innovation. At the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT), we offer them financial support while ensuring the strategic and coherent development of research in the mathematics, natural sciences and engineering.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received at all times
- University or Organization: Quebec Research Fund – Society and Culture (FRQSC)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate program or research internship
- Award: Variable
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Ukraine and Russian student
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Ukraine and Russian student
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Hold a valid Ukrainian or Russian passport on the date of submission of the application;
- Hold a residence permit (refugee application or visa);
- Justify its request
- Have not already started the training program;
- Plan to work on a research project or do an internship in one of the research fields covered by the FRQ;
- Have confirmation that the director of the research or the internship supervisor accepts the student in their team;
- Plan for a continuous physical presence in Quebec for the duration of the funding, excluding the periods of release provided for in the university calendar. Candidates who continue their training under joint supervision are also subject to this rule. In their case, a study stay in the country targeted by the cotutelle is not permitted;
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To create a folder in FRQnet, it is essential to create a user account. Once the user account has been created, candidates can find the Electronic application form in their Electronic Portfolio.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have required a copy of a Ukrainian or Russian passport;
- Residence permit or proof that an application has been made (email, acknowledgment of receipt, etc.);
- Letter of presentation/motivation, including the proof requested in the Eligibility conditions section.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must follow the application and meet the academic criteria for the course they are applying for at Quebec.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate that they have a good written and spoken English level.
The university will provide all the following benefits:
- Programs and Scholarship duration – Total Amount
- Master’s (2 YEARS) – $17,500 per year; $35,000 in total
- Doctorate (3 YEARS) – $21,000 per year; $63,000 in total
- Post-doctorate (2 YEARS) – $45,000 per year; $90,000 in total