To support emerging scholars through a grant, Houtan Scholarship Foundation is currently providing Hispanic program. This HSF opportunity is inviting students from all origins, Iranian and non-Irani
The Hispanic award is available for both fall and spring semester and will give one prize of $3500 per year toward graduate school education. The HSF fund will be granted based on academic excellence as well as financial need.
Nice offer to win $3500 award to support graduate study.
User Review( votes)
Houtan Scholarship Foundation is an organization which provides fantastic scholarship opportunities to students from across the world to promote the culture, heritage, language and civilization of Iran.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
- University or Organization: Houtan Scholarship Foundation (HSF)
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Graduate
- Awards: $3500 each year
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the US
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for students residing in any country.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Only graduate study courses in any subject
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Must be a graduate student, regardless of the student’s field of study; the award will be sent directly to the graduate school
- The applicant should have a working knowledge of Parsi and should demonstrate an active interest in Iranian culture, heritage, and literature.
- The applicant must presently be attending or anticipate attending an accredited graduate school
- Each finalist must complete an interview, either by phone or in person, with Mina Houtan, PhD, Founder and Chairperson of the Houtan Scholarship Foundation. This is the Foundation’s first step in establishing a relationship with the student.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application process includes completing an online application form and upload the required documents.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following documents:
- Two letters of recommendation: Either both letters from two professors or one from your teacher, instructor, professor, and another one from an employer. Note: If your professor would like to send the recommendation directly, have them send the recommendation to [email protected] with the subject line as “YOUR NAME – letter of recommendation”.
- College transcript,
- Goals and aspirations essay: Write an essay either in Parsi or English in 500-1000 words and tell about your goals relating to your education, career, and future plans.
- Letter of admission to graduate school (if applicable), and
- Any additional files (optional) must be sent as a part of application form of scholarship.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent past academic record. Applicants must attach parents’ W-2 form
- Language Requirement: GRE, IELTS, TOEFL are the kind of certificates that can demonstrate your English ability to any university.
The Houtan Scholarship Foundation Hispanic award is worth $3500. This amount will be granted to scholars each year of the graduate course.