The Hugh C. Morris Experiential Learning Fellowship is now available for students who exhibit excellence in research and seeks to further their knowledge through a program of experiential learning at Ryerson University.
The fellowship is open to any masters or doctoral student registered at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
Ryerson University, established in 1948, is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Ranked 4th in Ontario and 10th in Canada by student enrolment and is home to Canada’s largest undergraduate business school, the Ted Rogers School of Management, and third-largest undergraduate engineering school, the Faculty of Science, as well as the Faculty of Community Services, Faculty of Communication & Design, Faculty of Arts, and the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science.
Why choose Ryerson University? The university promotes research and creative exercises that strengthen the teaching and learning practice, which attract external assistance and benefit society. Also, it aims to provide career-oriented progressive education and life-long learning opportunities that are convenient, compassionate, and comprehensive.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2021
- University or Organization: Ryerson University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Masters or Doctoral Degree
- Award: Up to a maximum of $40,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters or doctoral degree in earth or geological sciences, water sciences, alternative energy sciences, climate change, sustainability, environmental studies, including either life, design, or engineering sciences, social impact assessment of any of the above areas, social sciences concerned with any of the above sites, or design sciences involved with any of the above areas at the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be classed as Overseas for fee purposes
- Have made a program in the required field at the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, aspirants need to take admissions at the university, and then they can submit their application through an online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application:
- A written proposal of the planned Experiential Learning Program.
- A Proposed Budget including a statement of contributions from participating entities in the proposed ELP
- A current curriculum vitae
- Two written references from academic supervisors
- A written Letter of Support / Invitation from each organization, research laboratory, site visit entity, and any participating government or community partners is identified in the proposed Experiential Learning Program.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must need to fulfill the required conditions for their chosen field at the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of English language ability as per the university guidelines.
Ryerson University will provide the award amount of up to a maximum of $40,000 to the highly motivated students.