The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) is seeking Indian students for study in the areas of public health that relate to substance abuse, such as HIV/AIDS, mental health, medicine, psychology, social work and counselling. Fellowships are available to pursue research in the USA for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The aim of the fellowships is to promote the study of social research fields.
User Review( votes)
The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) promotes mutual understanding between the nationals of India and the U.S. through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals, and students. USIEF has identified priorities for future development with meticulous and strategic planning. USIEF continues to explore viable ways in which the Foundation may respond to requests for services from both Indian and U.S. universities interested in linkages
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the fields of epidemiology, treatment, and substance abuse policy research.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover tuition and fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, a modest allowance for books and supplies, round-trip international air travel to the host institution, domestic travel to the Washington, D.C. workshop, and allowances for professional activities such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences. These fellowships do not provide an allowance for dependents, and the stipend provided under the grant is not sufficient to support family members. The program will involve a number of activities where it will be difficult to include dependents.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Must be a responsible Indian citizen who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of India, and thereby help to promote understanding and friendship between the peoples of the United States of America and India;
- Must be residing in India at the time of application. No application will be accepted from Indians residing, working or studying outside of India;
- Should have a high level of academic/professional achievement;
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the U.S. The applicant may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- if shortlisted for an interview, must appear in person for the interview at the USIEF office in New Delhi;
- Must inform USIEF well in advance if s/he needs to travel abroad (e.g. conference) during the application cycle July 2017 – June 2018;
- Must be eligible for leave, if employed;
- Must be in good health;
- Must not be applying for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States; and
- Must give the undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship.
Nationality: Applicants of India can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a high level of academic/professional achievement.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the U.S. The applicant may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Confidential Letter of Reference
- Confidential Letter of Reference from Current Employer
- Employer’s Endorsement Form
- The completed application (including enclosures) must be sent to Humphrey at .usief.org.in by the application deadline. In the case of central or state government employees, the signed copy of employer’s endorsement form should be forwarded through the cadre controlling authority so as to reach USIEF by the application deadline. The applicant may also send scanned copy of employer’s endorsement form to Humphrey at .usief.org.in. In the case of employed candidates, the employer’s comments in the employer’s endorsement form must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship. Applications must be submitted in soft copy only by the application deadline.
- Incomplete or late applications or applications not forwarded through the proper channel will not be considered.
- Applicants are also advised to request two referees to send in their recommendations as per the instructions are given on the first page of each fellowship application form. The recommendations should be sent to the Senior Program Officer, Indian Program, USIEF, Fulbright House, 12 Hailey Road, New Delhi 110 001 by the application deadline.
- All entries in the application form must be computer-generated and not hand-written. Please do not exceed the word limit or attach additional pages to answer questions, unless otherwise specified.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 15, 2017.