Do you want to gain technical skills and training in molecular lab work? Then, this opportunity is for you! Newcastle University has established the IAFRI PhD Studentship for the academic year 2022-2023 in the UK.
All international, British national, and EU national students can make an application for this scholarship. The scholarship is funded by IAFRI – Fera Science Ltd & Newcastle University jointly and offers the selected candidates a full home tuition fee and a stipend worth £15,609.
This scholarship programme includes amazing benefits that will make your university journey more memorable.
User Review( votes)
Newcastle University is a UK public research university currently ranked 152nd in the QS World Ranking published 2020 that aspires to be a people-focused university that harnesses academic excellence, innovation, and creativity to provide benefits to individuals, to organizations, and to society as a whole.
Why should you choose to study at Newcastle University? Newcastle University is completely dedicated to public benefit to advance education, learning, and research with an objective to build on this core purpose and provide new knowledge and creative solutions that make a positive impact. The ultimate goal of Newcastle is to support the staff and students’ development and allow them to reach their full potential.
Application Deadline: Applications for this PhD Scholarship are closing on 28th February 2022.
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: All domestic, international, and EU national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study programme in Genomic tools to enable epidemiological monitoring of eukaryotic pests can be undertaken at NCL.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an interest in plant health, epidemiology, and genomics.
- The applicants must have experience with molecular lab work, bioinformatics, high-performance computing, and/or epidemiological modeling.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to complete the general admission application through the university portal. To apply for the studentship:
- Insert the programme code 8020Fin the programme of study section
- Select ‘PhD Biology (full time) – Biological Sciences’as the programme of study
- Insert the studentship code IAFR2207 in the studentship/partnership reference field
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Transcript of your degree studies
- Certificates to confirm your degree or highest qualification
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Admission Requirements: The applicants musthave or are expecting to attain at least an upper second class honors degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject and with experience in/an aspiration to work in or alongside industry.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT/ITP is also accepted.
The applicants selected by NCL will be provided 100% of Home tuition fees and annual living expenses of £15,609 for up to 3 years.