If you’ve got good programming skills and want to gain industry experience, Imperial College London has just the opportunity for you! You can apply for ICL’s PhD International Studentships in Distributed Quantum Computing for the academic year 2023-2024.
Home and overseas students are both eligible to participate to win this studentship that will cover the full tuition fee and an approximate annual stipend of £19,668. The applicants must have a master’s level degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related subject, along with skills in MATLAB, Python, and more, and knowledge and experience in quantum-related fields to be considered. One studentship will be awarded.
Great opportunity for overseas students to complete their studies in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Imperial College London is a public research university in London, United Kingdom. It was started with Prince Albert, the consort of Queen Victoria, who developed a vision for a cultural area. It is today ranked 6thin the world in the QS World University Rankings and 13th Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the Imperial College London? The Imperial College London is known for its pillars of success, which are strong foundations, great people, excellent partners, and enablers. It strives to empower society through meaningful engagement and has been announced as a world-leading university by outstanding results in the Research Excellence Framework and global league tables.
Application Deadline: The studentship applications can be made until 1stAugust, 2023. However, applications will be open until the position is filled.
- University or Organization: Imperial College London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home and Overseas
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: International and British students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in Electrical Engineering at Imperial College can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have skills in MATLAB, Python, and network simulator.
- The applicants must have good knowledge and experience of quantum computing, quantum communications, conventional communication networking, distributed computing, stochastic models, optimization, and machine learning.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The research students are first required to submit an admission application for their desired PhD study. Interested candidates should contact Professor Kin K. Leung at [email protected] and Ms. Emma Rainbow at [email protected]for further scholarship application details.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research Statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have (or be about to earn) a MEng or MSc degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related subject.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
The winners selected by the Imperial College London can expect to receive full tuition fees at a home or overseas rate and a stipend of approximately £19,668 per annum.