Applications are being accepted from highly-qualified candidates for the Fully-Funded PhD Position. The programme is organized by the International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) for the academic year 2020/2021.
The educational award is open to provide financial support to outstanding German and foreign students who have a plan to pursue a full-time 3 year PhD degree programme at MPRS-gBGC.
The International Max Planck Research Schools (IMPRS) promotes doctoral researchers. It provides a wide range of research-level programs to the national as well as international students.
Why study at the International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles? By joining IMPRS-gBGC, candidates will get the opportunity to earn a doctorate under excellent research conditions. Here students can achieve advance knowledge as well as research skills.
Application Deadline: September 6, 2020
- Provider: International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD program specializing in global biogeochemistry and related Earth System Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must hold (or are about to receive) a Master of Science or equivalent degree in natural sciences.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, candidates are required to take part in a PhD degree program at the school. After that, candidates can apply through the online application form for the award.
- Supporting Documents: You will upload all the following documents:
- Letter of motivation and research interests (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume
- Documents relating to your Master’s degree title and abstract of your thesis, copy of your MSc certificate, copy of MSc transcript (list of courses/lectures you took, including marks)
- If applicable: documents relating to your Bachelor’s degree (redundant with ‘Diplom’) a copy of BSc certificate, copy of BSc transcript (list of courses/lectures you took)
- Proof of English skills, if possible
- Any additional documents which you consider important for your application (e.g. publications, job references, certificates of workshops etc.) can be included in your CV-PDF
- Two reference letters (from, e.g. former advisers)
- Admission Requirements: For taking part in a PhD degree programme, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have Fluency in the English language
The International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) provides a fully-funded to the successful candidates for the academic year 2020/2021.