Considering to pursue your career in the field of Mathematics? Good News! You can apply for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program organized by the International Mathematical Union.
The call is open for the candidates, who are in the early stages of their professional careers in postdoctoral mathematicians. Up to 3 Grants are available for students.
Golden opportunity for students
User Review( votes)
The International Mathematical Union is an international non-profit scientific organization, which support other international mathematical activities considered likely to contribute to the development of mathematical science in any of its aspects.
Why should apply to this program? The program gives a great opportunity for a necessary complement to teaching. It is designed to offer the opportunity for a research sabbatical. Candidates, who want to build up a career in Mathematics, should apply to this program.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize ,Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia ,Bosnia and, Herzegovina, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica , Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, D.P.R. of Korea, D.R. of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau,Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s DR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New, Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, State of Palestine, Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan TFYR of Macedonia, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, U.R. of Tanzania: Mainland, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zanzibar.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Mathematics
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must hold at the time of application a PhD in Mathematics, hold a position in a university/ research institution, and have a working contract in a university/college. Students should be under 40 years of age on the day of the application deadline. Women mathematicians are strongly encouraged.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To be a part of this program, seekers are needed to be registered as a PhD student in Mathematics at any university of these countries. For applying to this education award, Aspirants must have to complete an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: A curriculum vitae, the research plan for the visit, an official invitation from the institution, one letter of recommendation, a statement from the host approving the research plan, copy of the PhD certificate, a statement about the current employment status/ position, budget estimation, picture of you for our website.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants need to hold their bachelor degree and PhD degree certificates in the field of Mathematics.
- Language Requirement: All claimants need to provide evidence of their written and spoken English.
This is a fully funded scholarship. It will cover for one month and only for the applicant up to 4,400 EUR for travel costs, visa fees, travel insurance charges, basic living cost, and accommodation cost.