To support students undertaking research concerning chronic infectious diseases, the University of Queensland has announced the Infectious Diseases Defence Forces Research Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
All future students, be it domestic or international, are eligible to make an application to win this scholarship. When making the application, students must be onshore in Australia. Higher Degree through Research programmes in health and medicine at UQ can be undertaken. The students will be awarded a scholarship of $10,000 annually.
This is an amazing programme that will support the higher education of students by providing the award of living allowance and a $10,000 top-up annually along with a travel grant of a minimum of $1,500.
User Review( votes)
The University of Queensland, also known as the most prestigious and widely-recognized institute, is a public research university ranked in the top 50 and top 100 global world universities. UQ has a mission to help shape the future by bringing together and developing leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and advance ideas that benefit the world.
Why choose to study at the University of Queensland? The University of Queensland has the kind of professionals that share the same passion for excellence in education as the students at Queensland. Programs at Queensland are comprehensive and of high quality that answers some of the most challenging questions in research facing humanity. Students gain an advantage from being connected to industry leaders through their global, national, and local partnerships.
Application Deadline: The application process is ongoing students are advised to apply as soon as possible.
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate research
- Award: $10,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and international students are all eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate study programmes offered at the University of Queensland in the field of Health and medicine can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be Future UQ students enrolling in a postgraduate programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students need to make an admission application via the online portal of the university. When applying for admission, students must select ‘I would like to be considered for a UQ scholarship to cover a living allowance stipend and tuition fee expenses’ and attach a 250-word statement to their application. The filename for this statement should be “Infectious Diseases Defence Forces Research Scholarship.”
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- a copy of your CV
- academic transcripts
- Two reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a Master of Philosophy or Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honors class IIA or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL IBT – 87
- IELTS – 7.0
The University of Queensland will be awarding the successfully selected students an RTP equivalent living allowance and a $10,000 top-up annually, along with a travel grant of a minimum of $1,500 for the candidate during their candidature.