The European Society for Primary Immunodeficiencies has opened the doors for physicians or scientists through International ESID Fellowships for the academic year 2020-2021. The ESID provides both short-term and medium-term fellowships twice per year.
The fellowship program supports excellent candidates who are interested in learning diagnostic/therapeutic procedures or lab techniques in the field of Primary Immunodeficiencies.
A wonderful chance for students.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1983 as an informal group, the European Society for Immunodeficiencies (ESID) is a non-profit organization for healthcare professionals and researchers who deal with primary immunodeficiency diseases (PID).
Why at European Society for Immunodeficiencies (ESID)?The society facilitates the exchange of ideas and information among doctors, nurses, biomedical investigators, patients and their families concerned with primary immunodeficiency diseases. It also promotes research on causes, mechanisms and treatment of these disorders.
Application Deadline: April 25 and October 17, 2020
- University or Organization: European Society for Primary Immunodeficiencies
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research Program
- Award: (Short-term fellowship-EUR 1’500& Medium-term fellowship-EUR 1’000) + travel support up to EUR 500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Europe
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all countries of the European Union plus Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, Albania, Macedonia, Andorra, Monaco, Lichtenstein, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Moldavia, Turkey, and Israel.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Scholarships are awarded to pursue a research project in learning diagnostic/therapeutic procedures or lab techniques in the field of Primary Immunodeficiencies.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Be an ESID Junior Member (you must be under 35 or between 35 and 40 in training, but age will not be an absolute limit).
- Be accepted by a foreign institution for the proposed training goals (arrangements must be made by the applicant).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the fellowships, all candidates must submit their applications as a complete PDF file to ESID Administrative Office by email at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Each application should include a personal letter with a statement of career goals and plans on how to achieve those, a project plan, curriculum vitae, list of publications, a letter of invitation from the accepting institution (mentioning any other funding you are receiving) and a letter of support from the applicants head of department or tutor.
- Admission Requirements: To be considered for the fellowship, applicants must be a physician or a scientist in specialist training.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
ESID offers both short-term and medium-term fellowships twice per year. The Short-term fellowship offers EUR 1’500 plus up to EUR 500 as travel support. Medium-term fellowship awarding EUR 1’000 per month of your stay plus up to EUR 500 as travel support, to be used for laboratory or clinical research work.