Take advantage of one of Canada’s most generous university scholarship programs. Lakehead University is delighted to offer International Lakehead-Georgian Scholarships in the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship program is available to the top international students applying to Lakehead-Georgian for the 4-yr undergraduate degree program in fall 2023.
Great opportunity to study in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Lakehead University was founded on 1 July 1965 in Canada. It is a lively and forward-thinking institution that delivers transformative educational knowledge for students. The acceptance rate of Lakehead University is 83%.
Why study at Lakehead University? You have made a great decision in choosing to apply to Lakehead University. LU is a comprehensive university offering students an array of programs – from arts and sciences to professional programs like Business, Education, Engineering, Kinesiology, Nursing, and many more.
Application Deadline: Open for 2023 intake. Lakehead accepts applications for winter 2023 (January) and fall 2023 (September) entry.
- University or Organization: Lakehead University
- Department: Any
- Course Level: 4-yr Undergraduate degree program
- Award: Vary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The International Lakehead-Georgian Scholarship will be awarded for an undergraduate study in any subject field.
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered eligible for scholarship consideration, recipients must be entering Years 1, 2, or 3 of a minimum 4-year undergraduate degree program.
- Applicants must be non-Canadian citizens entering Lakehead-Georgian from a high school or transferring from an international college or university.
- Applicants must be international students applying to Lakehead-Georgian for 2023-2024.
How to Apply
No scholarship application is required.
- How to Apply: International students interested in full- or part-time studies can apply directly to Lakehead University by using the following application form: Lakehead University Undergraduate Application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit documents such as Essays, CVs/Resumes, Transcripts, and; Budget Forms. Applicants can use the document upload to send copies of their transcripts and other required information.
- Admission Requirements: Before starting the application process, refer to Admission Requirements & Application Details for more specific information. The admission requirements and application details will vary depending on the academic background, and the programs students are interested in studying.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate they can cope with the language demands of an English language university.
Lakehead University will provide all the following:
- $10,000 x four years (total $40,000): Admissions Average (Canadian Equivalent) 90% & over
- $7,500 x four years (total $30,000): Admissions Average (Canadian Equivalent) 80.0% – 89.9%
- $6,000 Nonrenewable, a one-time-only scholarship awarded in year one. 75.0% – 79.9% Admissions Average
- The maximum length of the scholarship term is four academic years or until the first degree is awarded, whichever occurs first. 70.0% – 74.9% Admissions Average
In addition to the entrance scholarships (based on academic merit), international Lakehead-Georgian students starting fall 2023 are eligible for the $4,000 International Visionary Award.