The German Bundestag is offering the International Parliamentary programme for the highly motivated graduates from Arab countries for the year 2019.
The programme is intended for talented Arab people who are interested in politics and who are keen to play an active role in promoting core democratic values in their home countries.
Great opportunity for aspirants.
User Review( votes)
The German Bundestag collaborates with the Free University of Berlin, the Humboldt University of Berlin and the Technical University of Berlin to run it’s International Parliamentary Scholarships (IPS) scheme. This gives well qualified young people with a strong interest in politics from the USA, France, Israel and Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of Germany’s system of parliamentary government.
- Course Level: The German Bundestag invites you to spend four weeks in Berlin in September 2017.
- Study Subject: The programme is intended for talented Arab people who are interested in politics and who are keen to play an active role in promoting core democratic values in their home countries.
- Award: Participants will receive a monthly scholarship of 500 euros. In addition, accommodation in an apartment complex will be provided free of charge, and the costs of travel to and from Berlin will be covered, as well as the costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- The award can be taken in the Berlin (Germany)
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Citizenship of an Arab country
- Under the age of 35 at the start of the program
- University degree
- Very good knowledge of German
- An interest in politics, and social/political commitment.
Nationality: Citizens of Arab Country are eligible to apply for this application .
List of Countries: Egypt, Algeria, Sudan, Iraq, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, Tunisia, Somalia, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Libya, Palestine, Lebanon, Oman, Kuwait, Mauritania, Qatar, Bahrain, Djibouti, and Comoros
How to Apply
How to Apply: Send completed application documents by email as a PDF-file to the German mission in their home country. Their application should be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo
- Application form
- Evidence of very good knowledge of German
- Personal statement of reasons for applying (maximum of two pages)
- Copy of passport or ID card
- Certified copy of university degree certificate
- Letter of recommendation in German or English
- Copies are officially certified when they have been signed and stamped by a recognised authority (a German or foreign public authority, an embassy or consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany, a university, notary, or translator/interpreter registered with the public authorities) to confirm that they are a true copy of the original.
- Entrance Requirements: Students must have a University degree.
- English language Requirements: Applicants must have a very good knowledge of German.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2019