Politically engaged young people are invited by the German Bundestag to participate in its International Parliamentary Scholarship (IPS) programme for Arab Countries for the academic year 2023-2024.
This opportunity is an intensive four-week programme, participants have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of the German parliamentary system and political decision-making processes. All Arabian country national students undertaking studies at German institutes are eligible to apply for this funding scheme. The scholarship award will cover tuition fee, accommodation and a monthly stipend.
Great opportunity for aspirants.
User Review( votes)
The German Bundestag is the German federal parliament. It is the only federal representative body that is directly elected by the German people and is comparable to the United States House of Representatives or the House of Commons of the United Kingdom.
The German Bundestag is elected every four years by free, secret, and direct ballot by citizens aged 18 and over who are eligible to vote. The seats in the parliament are allocated through the election of candidates put up by the parties on state lists (second votes), the other half through the election of persons in 299 constituencies.
Application Deadline: The deadline for this scholarship application is 15th December, 2022.
- University or Organization: German Bundestag
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Degree
- Award: 700 Euros
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Egypt, Algeria, Bahrain, Iraq, Yemen, Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and UAE are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a degree programme at a German University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be a citizen of a participating country, i.e. an Arabic country.
- The applicants must be under the age of 35 at the start of the scholarship on 1 September.
- The applicants must have a University degree.
- The applicants must have a good knowledge of German (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF)).
- The applicants must have a strong interest in politics and social/political commitment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit their admission applications in their choice of German institute via its designated application portal. Scholarship application details can be obtained here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application form
- Passport photo
- Personal statement of reasons for applying, in German (maximum of two pages) and signed personally by the applicant
- Copy of passport or ID card
- University degree certificate in the original form or a certified copy in English or German
- Up-to-date letter of recommendation in German or English
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of their respective universities.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must provide evidence of good knowledge of German (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF) or equivalent), no older than 2 years.
The German Bundestag will award the selected candidates a monthly scholarship of 700 euros and will also cover the costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance. Accommodation in an apartment complex will be provided free of charge, and the costs of travel to and from Berlin covered.