In partnership with NUS (National University Singapore), NTU (Nanyang Technological University Singapore) and A*Star Singapore, the Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) are offering 5 four-year PhD scholarships to a value of £20,000 per year (£80,000 in total). These studentships are open to UK/EU and international applicants.
The University of Newcastle upon Tyne Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) is a faculty of Newcastle University.
Best offer for candidates.
User Review( votes)
It was established in the city of Newcastle upon Tyne as the College of Physical Science in 1871, for the teaching of physical sciences, and was part of Durham University.
- Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: A list of projects will be available under each of the following Research Themes from 12th December 2016:
- Ageing and Digital Technologies
- Computing Science, especially Cyber Security and Visualisation
- Sustainability, including Energy and Water
- Electrical Power
- Marine Science and Technology
- Scholarship Award: University is offering 5 four-year PhD scholarships to a value of £20,000 per year (£80,000 in total). The scholarships cover tuition fees and a stipend (at the UK RCUK rate) plus a return trip to Singapore every year.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Applicants who have, or expect to receive, a good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and who have a real passion for research are eligible to apply.
Nationality: Studentships are open to UK/EU and international applicants.
How to Apply:
To apply for a Newcastle-Singapore Studentship please visit postgraduate online application system.
- The student will need to add project NSS code, ie NSSXX in the ‘Studentship/Partnership Reference’ field (this information is listed next to the project title that you are applying for). It is this code that identifies the exact project you are applying for and the relevant research area in your prospective school.
- The student must also attach to the application a current CV, transcripts, a two-page cover letter explaining why University should select them for the chosen project, and details for two referees.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Deadline: Closed