Intending to support the education of outstanding students in Denmark, the University of Copenhagen is offering the International PhD Fellowship in Plant Molecular Biology.
This fellowship aims to assist talented overseas students who want to undertake a PhD degree in the Faculty of Science for the academic year 2021/2022.
The University of Copenhagen is the second-oldest university in Scandinavia, with four campuses, each with its own distinct ambiance. The University has six faculties and around 100 departments and research institutes.
Why study at the University of Copenhagen? While studying at this university, you will receive training in plant ecology and evolution, plant molecular biology, and statistical population genetics. You will work closely with the postdoctoral scientists in the group.
Application Deadline: July 22, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Department of Biology
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: DKK 333,464
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD fellowships in Plant Molecular Biology
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants should hold an MSc degree in Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemestry with good results and excellent English skills. As criteria for the assessment of your qualification’s emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Aspirants must have to take admission in the PhD degree at the university. After that, you can complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following supporting documents:
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
- 1-3 reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Applicants will be selected on the basis of previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The University of Copenhagen will provide a salary at a minimum of DKK 333,464 (approx. €44,461) including an annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum of DKK 54,191). Negotiation for a salary supplement is possible.