If you want to get higher education in the Netherlands, then you can apply for International PhD Position in Transnational Mining History funded by Maastricht University. The programme is available for the academic year 2020/2021.
The position is open for enthusiastic early-stage researchers aspiring to pursue a PhD degree program in contemporary history at the Department of History in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
Nice offer for international students to receive up to a salary of € 2.325,- with a yearly growth to € 2.972 for the session 2020/2021.
User Review( votes)
Maastricht University is consistently ranked as one of the leading European universities that offer a dynamic and challenging job in an internationally-oriented organization. It provides various programs with the distinctive student experience, learning and teaching take place at the cutting-edge of disciplines.
Why study at Maastricht University? MU provides its students with an innovative way of learning and top-class facilities to help them cultivate academic skills. Here, aspirants can develop the skills and reputation you need to launch into a lifelong path of the professional world.
Application Deadline: August 23, 2020
- University or Organization: Maastricht University
- Department: Department of History
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary of € 2.325,- with a yearly growth to € 2.972
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD program in transnational mining history.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a (Research) Master’s degree in History or a related field.
- Good (passive) knowledge of Dutch and of German (because of the main languages of the historical sources).
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit an application form electronically to limes-at-maastrichtuniversity.nl. For more information, candidates must have to see the application procedure.
- Supporting Documents: Application form must contain personal details, a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, copy of Bachelor (BA) and (Research) Master (MA) degree and transcript (including GPA), one academic paper, and contact information of two
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are required to hold their previous Certificates of Degree.
- Language Requirement: For applicants who neither are native speakers of English nor followed an English taught BA/BSc and MA/MSc, the PO accepts certificates from:
- IELTS test: minimum score overall 7.0 and writing minimum score of 6.5
- TOEFL test: overall, internet-based minimum score 100 and writing minimum score 25
- TOEFL test: overall, paper-based minimum score of 600
- TOEFL test: overall, computer-based minimum score of 250
- A Cambridge certificate: C or higher for the CAE (Certificate in Advanced English).
Maastricht University will offer a 4-year full-time appointment as a PhD candidate in one of the research projects under the umbrella of LIMES. Remuneration will be according to standard salary levels for PhD students starting with a salary of € 2.325, – with a yearly growth to € 2.972, – gross a month in year 4 (based on a full-time appointment.) Each year the standard salary is supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.