The University of Vienna is currently accepting applications for the International PhD/Postdoctoral Position in Advanced Groundwater Modelling in Austria.
The funding programme assists highly motivated aspirants who want to pursue research in groundwater modelling, pollutant dynamics, and nanogeosciences.
Nice offer for international students to receive a competitive gross annual salary including full social security coverage.
User Review( vote)
Established in 1365, the University of Vienna is the oldest and largest public university in the German-speaking world in Central Europe. It offers various undergraduate and graduate degree programs for excellent students.
Why study at the University of Vienna? The university offers interactive exercises, learning materials with personal statistics, information about classes, and many communication tools. Here candidates can easily find excellent teaching, superb experience, and a safe & culturally diverse study environment.
Application Deadline: August 21, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Vienna
- Department: Department of Environmental Geosciences
- Course Level: PhD and Postdoctoral
- Award: ~ € 55.000 postdoc, ~ € 31.000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD and Postdoctoral degree program in Advanced Groundwater Modelling.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Very strong background in groundwater modelling including transient and inverse problems.
- Excellent knowledge of FEFLOW, FePEST, programming, e.g., Phyton.
- Motivated, independent, and reliable.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the position, all applications should be addressed to thilo.hofmann-at-univie.ac.at.
- Supporting Documents: Must provide a letter of motivation, a full CV with a detailed description of your skills, and the contact details of two referees. If you apply for a Postdoc position, add a detailed research vision and links to your research papers.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are required to hold their previous Certificates of Degree.
- Language Requirement: Fluent spoken and written English (German would be beneficial) and excellent communication skills.
The University of Vienna will offer the following benefits:
- Working in a motivating and stimulating internationally recognized scientific environment with excellent facilities.
- Provide continuous support, mentoring, career planning, and coaching.
- Offer competitive salary (~ € 55.000 postdoc, ~ € 31.000 PhD gross annual salary including full social security coverage).