To cover the educational expenses of students who want to qualify their postgraduate research degree program in Norway. The University of Oslo is offering the PhD Scholarship in Cyber Security and Threat Intelligence.
This award is designed to attract the international candidates who want to pursue the PhD degree coursework at the University of Oslo for the academic session 2020/21.
The University of Oslo is the oldest university in Norway, based in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. It is the highest-ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees.
Why at the University of Oslo? At this university, students will benefit from the teaching of the highest quality and world-class facilities. The university provides relevant responses to current challenges, to contribute to innovation, and to engage in public and international issues.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020
- University: University of Oslo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Awards: Salary NOK 479 600 – 523 200
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Cyber Security and Threat Intelligence
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree or equivalent in one or several of the following disciplines: Informatics, Computer Science, (Mobile) Communication Technology, Information/Cyber/Digital Security, Data Science or Artificial Intelligence.
- Foreign degrees (master level) must correspond to a minimum of 4 years in the Norwegian educational system.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, applicants need to take part in a PhD degree program at the university. After being enrolled, the application with attachments must be delivered in their electronic recruiting system, please follow the link online application. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the given documents:
- Cover letter – statement of motivation and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of the original bachelor and master’s degree diploma, transcripts of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Good English skills are required for all participants in a PhD programme. English requirements for applicants from outside of EU/ EEA countries must meet all English Language requirements.
The University of Oslo will provide all the following benefits:
- Salary NOK 479 600 – 523 200 per annum depending on qualifications and seniority as PhD Research Student (position code 1017)
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement
- A vibrant international academic environment
- Career development programmes
- Oslo’s family-friendly surroundings with their rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities