The Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports at University of Copenhagen is seeking ambitious and hard-working students for the PhD Scholarship in Sports Sociology and Policy.
This is a full-time position available for 3-years to the worldwide applicants. The project will provide new insights into how best to facilitate cooperation between institutions and organizations and how to build sustainable bridges with sports associations.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. It offers more than 200 academic programs for study in various fields including health sciences, humanities, law, life sciences, etc.
Why study at the University of Copenhagen? While studying this university, students will have the opportunity to advance their international career as part of a world-class research team. There is a range of specific abilities and skills associated with a degree in sociology, but there are also wider transferable skills that you can develop.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2020
- University: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: DKK 331,125
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD program in Sports Sociology/Policy
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants should hold an MSc degree in Humanistic-Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology, Public Health or similar with good results and good English skills
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity candidates must complete and submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
- 1-3 reference letters (if any)
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must comply with the formal requirements of the PhD program.
- Language Requirement: Documentation of English level can, for instance, be documented by an excellent IELTS or TOEFL test.
The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 331,125 (approx. €43,750) including annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,811). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible