The Edith Cowan University is providing Domestic or international students a wide variety of funding opportunities by offering them the International PhD Scholarships in Hooked on AI Applying Computer Vision Methods to Remote Camera Images to Create Efficiency Savings in Recreational Fishing Surveys for the academic year 2022-2023.
The award will be provided to domestic and international students who want to complete the PhD degree programme at the university. This PhD project will investigate and develop efficient computer vision algorithms to analyze remote camera data to classify video images by vessel type and provide counts of recreational vessels.
Outstanding funding opportunity for international and domestic students in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Edith Cowan University is a public university in Australia that offers practical and innovative coursework in a variety of disciplines. It is ranked in the top 175 universities in Engineering and Technology. It has quickly developed into a high-quality institution with high student satisfaction and globally recognized science.
Why study at Edith Cowan University? Their world-class research aims to benefit the community in Western Australia and beyond, and they collaborate with communities, businesses, and government organizations to solve real-world problems. It provides a variety of opportunities for professional growth and advancement. You will find a degree that matches your preferences, skills, and career objectives here.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 30th November 2022.
- University or Organization: Edith Cowan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate or Research
- Award: $30,000.00
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate or Research in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Meet the PhD admission requirements at ECU;
- Be able to demonstrate strong background and competencies in data analysis, machine learning, or artificial intelligence. Experience in deep learning is ideal;
- Demonstrate excellent programming in Python;
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply for admission to their choice of an eligible university. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an expression of interest to Johnny Lo.
- Supporting Documents: Please ensure the below documents are attached to the email:
- A cover letter that includes a brief statement of your suitability to the above key requirements;
- A curriculum vitae (CV), including your academic transcripts and a list of your published research (if any);
- Evidence of English-language proficiency (only relevant for applicants whose previous studies were not in English);
- Any supporting documents of prior research experience in relevant areas.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the academic and entry requirements of their choice of Edith Cowan University.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are recommending satisfying the English language requirement of the University.
The successful applicant will receive a scholarship of $30,000.00 per year for three years, pending compliance with milestone and candidacy requirements.