The University of Sydney is looking for highly motivated students to apply for the International PhD Scholarships in Novel High-Performance Copper-Based Materials.
This award is available to suitable domestic and international applicants who have a plan to start their full-time PhD degree coursework for the academic session 2022/2023.
Amazing opportunity for overseas applicants to study in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is a public research university that believes in equal access to education and leadership that enhances the lives of those it serves. It is ranked 27th among the world’s best universities.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is a globally recognised institution that has consistently been placed among the top 50 universities in the world. In terms of education, research, student experience, and graduate employability, it is a leader. It has a reputation for research and teaching excellence. It is committed to assisting students at the University of Sydney throughout their academic careers.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 04 May 2022
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Stipend allowance
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for research in Novel High-Performance Copper-Based Materials via Additive Manufacturing.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- They have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled to study full-time in a Master’s by Research or PhD within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to log in to the student portal of the university to carry out the application process. Candidates can apply for the scholarship here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Statement of purpose
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Bachelor degree certificate
- Master degree certificate
- Cover letter
- Personal statement
- Financial statement
- Admission Requirements: Students must have relevant skills, interests, and qualifications to be admitted to a PhD research programme at the University of Sydney.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 96
- TOEFL PBT – 592
- IELTS – 7.0
The University of Sydney will provide the scholarship will provide a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney’s Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate (indexed on 1 January each year), and is maintained through satisfactory academic performance, as per the below duration:
- Up to 1.75 years for a successful Masters by Research recipient. No possible extension (full-time equivalent).
- Up to three years for a successful PhD recipient with a possible six months extension (full-time equivalent).