Maynooth University is offering International PhD Studentship in ‘Governing Artificial Intelligence in Practice’ for overseas students. The university is accepting applications for the academic year 2023-2024.
The studentship is a four-year funded opportunity that will be given at the Department of Sociology at Maynooth University. The applicants must be enrolled in a PhD study program to be considered. Students with a primary degree and high-level written and spoken English are eligible to win the award. The award consists tuition fee, €18,500 stipend and career-building opportunities.
Nice chance to get financial assistance in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Maynooth University is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland based in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. It is one of the top public universities and is also recognised as one of the leading new universities in the world. It ranks 801–1000 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at Maynooth University? The Maynooth University is a top university recognized for its international connections and outlook. The university invests significantly in a wide range of technologically advanced facilities catering to the student’s academic, social and sporting life at the university to be able to provide world-class facilities to its students. The university has also built up a wealth of global connections by having over a third of academic staff coming from abroad.
Application Deadline: Applications are due by Sunday, 4th December 2022.
- University or Organization: Maynooth University
- Department: Department of Sociology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Irish and overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD programme at the Department of Sociology at Maynooth University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants have an MA, or postgraduate diploma, in a relevant social science discipline.
- The applicants must have high level of English proficiency.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to access the university portal to apply for admission at Maynooth. The Scholarship application form must be submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- One page over letter
- A detailed CV
- An outline PhD proposal (typed, double-spaced, 1750-2500 words):
- Central research topic you would like to focus on within the broad topic outlined above (including draft aims, objectives and research questions),
- Central sociological and social science literature you would situate your topic within (key theories and theorists)
- Methodological approach and methods that would be used.
- Transcripts of academic degrees.
- Where English is not the first language, English language certification.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a primary Degree (2:1 minimum) in Sociology or a Social Science related subject (including Criminology, Media, and Communications) or an equivalent primary degree internationally.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 95
- TOEFL PBT – 585
- PTE – 62
The selected PhD candidates will be awarded the following benefits at Maynooth University by ADAPT:
- A funded 4-year PhD postgraduate studentship which includes a stipend of (€18,500 per annum – non-taxed), along with equipment (computer) and annual travel funding
- Funding for annual EU fees.
- A solid career pathway through formalized training & development, expert one-on-one and co- supervision and exposure to top academics and specialists.
- Opportunity to build their profile at international conferences and global events.