If you are looking for an opportunity to conduct a funded study in the UK, then this may be your chance! The University of Central Lancashire is announcing that it will be awarding the PhD (via MPhil) studentships in Astronomy/Astrophysics for the academic year 2023-2024.
Funded by the Science and Technologies Facilities Council (STFC)/University of Central Lancashire/Moses Holden Foundation, this studentship is open to applications from international and home students both. The applicants must have the required English language proficiency and an undergraduate science degree to be considered. The scholarship award is valued at £17,668 per year for 3.5 years and the tuition fee.
Worthy offer to do PhD in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Central Lancashire, a public university based in the city of Preston, Lancashire, England, was founded in 1828. With roots in the Institution for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge, the university has done some great work over the years and ranks 801st in QS World University Rankings by TopUniversities.
Why choose to study at the University of Central Lancashire? UCLan is focused and committed to helping talented people from all walks of life, meet their maximum potential. Students, staff, and business partners, of UCLan contribute to creating a [positive change and enable them to excel by providing excellent higher education, innovation, and research.
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications will not be accepted after 28th February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Central Lancashire
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £17,668
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Home
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: British and foreign students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can apply for a PhD via MPhil in Astrophysics at the Jeremiah Horrocks Institute at the University of Central Lancashire.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must not currently be studying as a Research students at UCLan.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can make an online application form for admission. To be considered for the studentship, students must quote the Studentship reference number RS/23/01 on the application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A research proposal
- Copies of first degree/master’s degree qualification certificates and transcripts
- A copy of your current passport and current visa, if applicable
- Two academic references email to [email protected]
- Admission Requirements: The applicants should have (or expect to hold) a UK Bachelor of Science degree at 2:1 or above in a related area (or equivalent qualification), or a Masters level qualification (e.g. MSc or MPhys).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The winning candidates can expect to receive the cost of tuition fees at UK rates together with a maintenance grant of up to £17,668 per year by the University of Central Lancashire.