Interested candidates are invited to become a part of the International PhD Studentships in High-Performance Antenna Arrays for 5th Generation Smartphones program. This position is offered by the University of Huddersfield in the UK.
The funding opportunity is open for high-achieving international students who are going to enrol in a PhD degree program at the University of Hertfordshire.
This scheme will help students with the award of £15,609 to complete PhD study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Hertfordshire came into existence as Hatfield Technical College in 1952 and currently has become one of the leading universities in the UK. It has been leading a new way of education by combining traditional teaching with digital resources.
Why study at the University of Hertfordshire? While studying at this university, students will be able to use the amenities on one of the university’s multi-million-pound campuses. Students will have a variety of options for their chosen professional path here.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 20 January 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Hertfordshire
- Department: College Lane
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Awards: £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All countries.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Radio and Mobile Communications Systems
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A first-class UK honours degree or equivalent in any electrical engineering related discipline
- Good knowledge of antenna theory and microwave circuits
- Experience of working in Radiofrequency (RF) labs, including performing the S-parameters and radiation pattern measurements
- Familiar with the EM simulation software packages such as Ansys HFSS, CST, etc
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage time independently to meet deadlines problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate with clarity on complex information
- Good IT literacy
- To be self-motivated
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be able to apply for this scholarship, you will need to take admission in an applicable program first. After that, you can fill out an online application form for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts and award, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Admission requirements vary from one course to another.
- Language Requirement: International/EU applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements, which include an IELTS score of 6.5 (or equivalent).
The University of Hertfordshire will cover UK home or international tuition fees and a stipend at standard RCUK rates. For 2021-2022 this is set at £15,609. The stipend may be increased depending on the performance.