Applications are invited for Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships at McGill University in Canada for the academic year 2021-20. Two Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships will be awarded to promising young scholars in the Humanities.
The Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships aim to attract scholars from outside McGill. Fellowships are awarded to promising young scholars in the Humanities.
A great choice to do the postdoctoral program at McGill University.
User Review( votes)
McGill University is a public research university in Canada. McGill offers degrees and diplomas in over 300 fields of study, with the highest average admission requirements of any Canadian university.
Why at McGill University? McGill University is one of Canada’s best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world. Its student body is the most internationally diverse of any research-intensive university in the country.
University or Organization: McGill University
Course Level: Postdoctoral program
Award: $52,000 CAD
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in Canada
Application Deadline: Closed
- International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- Must have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D. between June 1, 2016, and June 1, 2021 (inclusive); Applicants who have not yet received their Ph.D. degree at the time of application must include in their application a letter from their Department Chair specifying the date of their doctoral thesis defense.
- Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral program.
- Must propose a research project based in the Humanities (interdisciplinary applications are welcome).Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The Fellowship offer will be withdrawn if a successful applicant does not complete all degree requirements for the Ph.D. by June 1, 2021.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be submitted through Academic Jobs Online (AJO) by Monday, November 26, 2018.
- Supporting Documents: An application must include a letter from, CV, a one-page research statement, a copy of all university graduate transcripts, a writing sample, Two letters of recommendation, A letter of support from.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have a very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required; this should be supported by a valid English proficiency test certificate.
Benefit: The Fellowship consists of the following remunerations:
- The annual salary of $52,000 CAD
- Enrollment in the McGill University employee benefits program
- Annual research allowance of $8,500
- Annual allowance to invite a visiting speaker up to $2,500
- One-time relocation allowance expenses of $1,000
Fellows may be considered for teaching one course per year during the tenure of their Fellowship, contingent upon availability. Those who teach will be paid an additional teaching salary of approximately $8,220 per course. Fellows are provided with office space by their host department.